Tuesday, July 21, 2009

North Shore

Hey Everyone, Just got back into WI last Thursday Morning. Miss being out traveling around but am glad to be home and happy to see friends and family I haven't seen in a long time.

Just got all of my favorite pics together and put them up in this post.

My trip started this spring creek boating on the South and North Shore of Lake Superior. This year was the first year that I had done any serious creek boating and I was pretty intimidated starting out but I got hooked up with one of the best crew of boaters I have paddled with. I learned a lot from them and had a great time, Thanks Guys:) . Had a few beat downs and swims and earned myself the nickname of Downtime Tommy Gram but all turned out fine. At the end of this part of the trip I was feeling a lot more comfortable in the creek boat.

Winfrey's Wimper on the Split rock Photo By Chris Baer

Got spun Backwards in the middle of this Slide
Photo By Chris Baer

Ski Jump on the Splitrock
Photo By Chris Baer

Thirty Footer on the Encampment.
Photo by Cris Baer

The north shore is definitely one of my favorite places that I have kayaked so far and am excited to go back next year. These are only a couple of the many runs to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment